Itasca County Health & Human Services
Public Health offers various programs designed to promote, protect, and maintain
the health of all citizens of Itasca County.
Family Health Programs provide maternal-child health care to pregnant women, babies, and families. The goals of the program include:
- Improving the health of pregnant women and their unborn babies.
- Providing health services to children and families.
- Providing case coordination and services to families of children with special needs.
The Family Health programs include:
- Healthy Beginnings
- Follow Along
- Child and Teen Checkups Outreach
- Home Visiting
- Early Childhood Screening
- Women, Infant and Children (WIC)
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA) assessments
Adult and Seniors programs assist eligible elderly and disabled people to remain living in the community by coordinating services.
Health Education promotes healthy behaviors and provides information/education to prevent disease, disability and premature death.
Other Public Health programs provide a variety of services to meet the ever-changing health needs of Itasca County.
For more information regarding Family Health or other programs, call (218) 327-2941.