KOOTASCA Head Start
Our goal is to work in partnership with families in achieving their hopes and dreams for a bright promising future.
- That all families want the best for their children.
- That parents are the primary protectors, nurtures and educators of their children.
- That all children have the right to a quality education.
- That all people should have the resources they need to thrive.
- That Head Start services must support parents as well as children.
Head Start Is…
- State and federally funded
- FREE to all families (income guidelines apply)
- Family focused
- Parent driven
- Comprehensive (looks at all aspects of the family and child)
We provide a variety of program options in Itasca and Koochiching Counties.
- Child development/School Readiness: Ages 3-5
Infant & Toddler services
- Strong literacy focus
- Concepts, colors, counting and numbers
- Physical development
- Social-emotional development
- Strong focus on physical, dental & nutritional health
- Healthy meals and snacks
- Services for children with special needs
- Parent partnerships with goal setting
- Parent education
- Parent involvement in program decision-making
- Wellness activities
Applications accepted year round!
For more information call 218-999-0814